Indiana INTERNnet is now accepting nominations for the 13th annual IMPACT Awards, an annual celebration of internship excellence. We encourage you to complete the online nomination form and share how a person or organization has made an impact by committing to internship excellence. The deadline for nominations is October 31, 2018.
Have a question about the nominations process or awards luncheon? Check out the answers to our frequently asked IMPACT Awards questions. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, contact INTERNnet@indianachamber.com.
What are the awards categories?
- Intern of the Year (3)
- High School
- *High school and college interns must be enrolled in school during the time of their internship in 2018. The non-traditional category is for an intern who was not an enrolled student at the time of the internship or was 26 years old or older during the internship.
- Career Development Professional of the Year (1)
- *This individual must be a full-time employee of an Indiana academic institution
- Employer of the Year (2)
- For Profit
- *Organizations must be located in Indiana
- NEW: Intern Supervisor of the Year (1)
- *Organizations must be located in Indiana
Can I nominate a previous nominee or winner?
- Yes, previous nominees and winners can be nominated for multiple years.
When is the deadline?
- Nominations for all categories must be submitted by October 31, 2018 (5 p.m. EST).
What should I expect after submitting a nomination?
- You will receive a confirmation email once we have received and reviewed your submission. If you do not receive confirmation within two business days, please email INTERNnet@indianachamber.com.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination by early December.
Can I make changes to my entry once it is submitted?
- Once your nomination has been submitted, you will not be able to make changes on the online form. If there is a major change (name, employment status, etc.), please contact us immediately.
What advice do you have for filling out the nomination form?
- Each category has specific criteria that judges will reflect on as they are choosing winners. We encourage you to include stories, facts, measurements and the significance of your nominee’s impact. Your response to each criterion should be 2,000 characters or less. Please double check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.
Are cooperative education students eligible for nomination?
- Yes! Cooperative education students can be nominated for the Intern of the Year Award.
Who judges the awards?
- A panel of impartial judges reviews and scores the nominations.
Where can I find a list of past winners?
- The list of past winners can be found on the IMPACT Awards web page.
What will nominees/winners receive?
- Each nominee will be announced during the program, receive a nomination certificate and be photographed with his or her certificate (if attending the luncheon). Certificates will be mailed to those who are unable to attend.
- Winners will be announced during the program. They will receive an engraved award and a digital badge to display on web sites, marketing materials, social media sites, etc. The winners also will be featured in a press release, blog posts, nominations web page, newsletter and BizVoice magazine.
How much does it cost to attend the luncheon?
- Individual registrations are $50 per person. We cannot guarantee seating locations for individuals. However, we will try to seat you near your fellow company or school members as best we can. If you are nominating an Intern of the Year, you will be responsible for purchasing his or her ticket to the luncheon. Registration is now open.
- Sponsorships are now available starting at $750. Each package includes seating and admission for eight guests at a table designed for the organization. Contact email@example.com for more information.
What should I wear?
- We recommend business or business casual attire for this special event.
What should I do if have any dietary restrictions or other special needs?
- If you have accessibility or dietary needs, please call (317) 264-6852 or email INTERNnet@indianachamber.com at least two weeks prior to the event.
When and where is the IMPACT Awards Luncheon?
- The 13th annual awards luncheon will be held on February 26, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. at the Ritz Charles (12156 N Meridian St, Carmel, IN 46032). Free parking is available at the venue.
What if I am unable to attend the luncheon?
- Tickets are non-refundable, but fully transferable. If a weather/snow emergency is declared, the luncheon will be cancelled or postponed. This information will be posted on www.IndianaINTERN.net.